Cake Size Servings
Our pieces are very generous; you will be able to get more pieces if your guests want "just a small taste." That then allows them to come back for seconds.
Typically, the sheet cakes have only one layer of filling and are easier to cut than the round cakes that have two or three layers of filling. But, if you want those extra layers of filling, then round is the way to go.
However, you can add a third layer to a sheet cake for additional servings (about one third more servings) and an additional cost.
8 - 10
12 - 15
20 - 25
25 - 30
30 - 40
45 - 50
15 - 20
30 - 42
50 - 60
60 - 84
70 - 80
Choose from a Variety of Flavors
Since our cake mixes are made from scratch daily, we don't use any preservatives or additives that are included in a store box mix. We feel this is a good thing. Expect our cakes to have a clean flavor, without an artificial aftertaste. They are light, fluffy, and fork tender. Our recipes strive to preserve the traditional cake recipes that Grandpa made using the highest quality ingredients including eggs, milk, sugar, cake flour and vegetable shortening. Our traditional nature won't allow us to do anything different.
Tender and Moist with a hint of lemon
- DEVIL'S FOOD
Chocolaty, light, and tender. Not too dark
- HALF & HALF
Can't decide between yellow & chocolate, get a layer of each
Firm, White, and Pure Vanilla flavor
White and Devil's Food cake mixes swirled together for a random blend
Real Bananas mashed into this mix yields an authentic, moist, banana cake
- GRAHAM CRACKER
Graham Cracker crumbs and honey create a light, graham taste, a delicious surprise!
Ground carrots, chopped pecans, and crushed pineapple make this cake a winner
- ANGEL FOOD
Very light, fluffy, made with whipped egg whites, no yolks
- GERMAN CHOCOLATE
Light chocolate and a little sweeter than devil's food
- RED VELVET
Moist, reddish colored cake with a light, chocolatey taste
Select One of Our Scrumptuous Fillings
When choosing fillings, cakes filled with the "Basic", "Preserve", and "Creamed" fillings are the easiest to cut and serve.
While Fresh and Frozen fruits are very tasty, these types of filled cakes are more challenging to cut and serve to your guests. Combining several fruits and custard is so delicious, but can often end up being served with a spoon since cutting and serving this combo challenges the most experienced hostess.
We recommend a long, sharp, clean serrated knife and avoid cutting thin slices. If this doesn’t work, don’t worry, the taste is great and you’ve now created a triffle - type dessert. Enjoy!
Sheet cakes (rectangular): 2 layers of cake and 1 spot for filling
Round cakes: 3 or 4 layers of cake and 2 or 3 fillings.
- Chocolate Buttercream
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Custard
- Apricot Cream
- Blueberry Cream
- Caramel Cream
- Cherry Cream
- Cocoa Cream
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Cream de Menthe Cream
- Irish Cream
- Lemon Cream
- Raspberry Cream
- Strawberry Cream
- Walnut Cream
- White Chocolate Mousse
- Fresh Strawberry - Delicious with whipped cream. (Availability varies, particularly in November and December)
- Banana - Sinful when combined with custard, and a great addition to the Fresh Strawberries
- Crushed Pineapple - Light and refreshing, especially with yellow cake and whipped cream.
- Frozen Strawberry - Scratch made strawberry pie filling
- Frozen Cherry - Scratch made cherry pie filling
- Crushed Pineapple - Light and refreshing, especially with yellow or angel food cake and whipped cream.
- Lemon - Cooked from scratch with a great lemon taste
Want that extra European touch of flavor?
Try adding a Liquor to your cake. These are most flavorful when combined with whipped cream iced cakes.
Top Off Your Cake with One of These Delicious Frostings
- Buttercream - creamy, smooth and buttery; not crusty or sugary
- Chocolate Buttercream - chocolate version of the above, not dark
- Whipped Cream - A delicious blend made with heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate Whipped Cream - Just like Chocolate Mousse
- Fudge - Rich, silky, dark, and flavorful chocolate
- Cream Cheese - Best with either Carrot Cake or Red Velvet
Some cakes will include our handmade cake crunch on the sides. It's truly delicious, but sometimes surprises our customers by it's presence. Cake crunch is used on cakes that are banded or those which fit snuggly in the box. Cake crunch has a light coco nutty tasty and may contain trace amount of nuts. Please inquire about alternatives if you have allergic or taste concerns.
Dynamite Employee Favorites
- KATHY'S FAVORITE: White Cake & Devilʼs Food Cake with 2 layers of Apricot Preserve filling & 1 layer of Cocoa Cream filling with Fudge icing.
- KEN'S FAVORITE: Yellow cake, crushed pineapple & cherry fillings, with whipped cream icing.
- TAMMY'S FAVORITE: Devil's food cake, one fudge filling, two raspberry preserve fillings, with buttercream or whipped cream icing (she's not fussy).
- MARIANNE'S FAVORITE: Yellow cake, fudge and custard fillings, with whipped cream icing.
- BARB'S FAVORITE: Devil's food cake, custard filling, with fudge icing (basic, but delicious).
- MARIE'S FAVORITE: Graham cracker cake, chocolate whipped cream filling and icing.
- NIKKI'S FAVORITE: White Cake with Chocolate Whipped Cream filling & Whipped Cream icing.
- LINDA'S FAVORITE: 1/2 & 1/2 Cake with Chocolate Marshmallow & Fudge filling.
- JENNY'S FAVORITE: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese filling & icing.
- LORI'S FAVORITE: Devilʼs Food Cake with Fudge & Raspberry filling & Buttercream Icing.
- LINDSAY'S FAVORITE: Graham Cracker Cake with Raspberry Cream filling and Chocolate Whipped Cream icing.
- LESLEE'S FAVORITE: Angel Food Cake with Fresh Strawberry Filling and Whipped Cream icing.
- BECKY'S FAVORITE: Yellow Cake with Custard, Banana & Fresh Strawberry filling with Chocolate Whipped Cream Icing.